Sunday, April 3, 2011

PHOTOS: Black and White Interiors except one.

Historic Spiral: This was taken at the Minneapolis Club a year ago last February.
The photos on the wall as one walked up the stairs are of men and woman who have had a significant influence on, or spent a lot of money to be included as part of the board of directors . . . I think. Either way, I thought it would make an effective shot.

On a Pedestal: One of the items that I found most interesting was this statue on the window sil. It reminded me of the statue of "Lady Justice" that one sees associated with court houses. I know that it isn't, but the way the light was hitting it was striking.

Reflections: I thought this was a fun shot. You can see outside, and yet see the reflections of what is inside a little. It therefore brings a little abstract into this collection.

Mirror Reflections: Back to Black and White . . . The mirror itself was intricately designed. This was basically an experiment. I wanted to see if I could capture the scene outside while staying within the interior context. This is one of many that will test this out.

Knowledge of the Age: One could literally smell the pipe or cigar smoke when one was in this room. I have a feeling that it served not only as a library, but a sitting room too. There were several in this building.

No comments:

Post a Comment