Saturday, February 12, 2011

PHOTOS: Winter Light

Animal Tracks: French Park has a nature preserve where pedestrians can roam around. I caught this image about a year ago (give or take) and I was capture with how the sun played on the snow and the shadows.
Shadows: Taken at Brookview Park a year ago. Again, I thought the shadows were interesting in light (pun intended) of the sun.
Snow Ripples: Don't get hypnotized . . . Time of day was about dusk (5:30-6:30) in the latter half of winter, a couple years ago. The wind had been going at a good clip the night before, and this was some of what had formed.
Peaking Blacktop: I have seen many shots where the photographer aimed the camera straight down, or at an angle, capturing the ice, light and object below it interacting. This was one I captured in the parking lot of the nature preserve I mentioned.

Winter Leaves: These leaves were relentless. It was in January, the dead of winter, and they had survived a couple snowstorms. I had to take the shot. Hope you enjoy these and all the others I've posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment