Thursday, February 10, 2011

PHOTOS: Birds pt 1

This was taken a few years ago, before I got my DSLR. The Oriole was flying away just when I pressed the shutter release on my point and shoot. I seriously couldn't believe the luck I got with it. Largest size I'd be confident in making is an 8x10.
I thought that I had missed my opportunity to capture this Cardinal. Once I saw the picture, it was a keeper.
Though this wasn't the Cardinal from the previous picture, it was taken the same day. There were several that were flying around and singing that day.
Chickadee basking in the sun.
Lone Goose. It was sunny day, yet where this goose was swimming, there was a lot of trees and foliage to shade a bit of the water. I also purposefully took this picture at a different angle too to capture some of the different colors in the water.
Singing Oriole. There's a pathway at French Park between a pond and a grassy area. This Oriole was sitting on a hedge that sat making up the shore of the pond. It was a loud little thing so I took it's picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment